Enquiry Form

Enter Captcha: 7 + 9 =

 I accept the Terms and Conditions

Accreditation & Association
  • Registered with Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt. of India.
  • ISO Certified 9001:2015
 Home / Blog / Different Types Of Visa You Can Apply For Belgium
  • whatsapp sharing icon  
Different Types Of Visa You Can Apply For Belgium

There are so many queries we get about Belgium these days, so If you're planning to immigrate to Belgium, you just need to find out if you require a Belgian visa or any permit for visit, live, work or study purpose in Belgium.

In any case from India, you just need to apply for a visa or permit if you want to visit, live, work or study in Belgium. For a short-stay Schengen or C visa allows you to stay in the Schengen areas which also include Belgium. But not work - for up to a maximum 3 Months in any 180-day period. If you have a Schengen visa issued by another Schengen state you can also come and stay in Belgium, provided you have not yet exceeded the 3 Months allowance in any part of the Schengen area.

Anyone can come to Belgium on the following visa types:

  • Tourist visa
  • Medical Visa
  • Investor Visa: to take part in business conferences or other professional reasons
  • Sponsored Visa: for a cultural or sporting event
  • Student Visa: or a short training or study course.

Applying for a Schengen Visa

You must apply for this visa no earlier than three months before your proposed journey through the Belgian embassy in your home country. You will need to complete an application form in either French, Dutch, German or English and be able to provide a valid passport/national travel ID issued in the last 10 years and with at least three months left to run, a recent photo and other supporting documents.

These can include:

  • Documents relating to the purpose of your trip, for example, a travel/holiday itinerary, letter of invitation to stay with a relative, an invitation to a business conference or fair, confirmation of attendance on a training course.
  • Confirmation of accommodation in Belgium, for example, a hotel reservation or letter from a private individual with whom you'll be staying.
  • Proof that you can support yourself financially during your stay, for example, recent bank statements or pay slips.
  • Proof that you'll be returning to your home country, for example, evidence that you have a job back home or own property there - or a return ticket in your name.
  • Valid travel health insurance with minimum cover of EUR 30,000.

The visa takes the form of a sticker in your passport/travel ID. When you arrive in Belgium you have three days to register your arrival at the municipal administration offices. They will give you a document specifying when you have to leave Belgium.

Long-Term Visa for Belgium

If you want to come to Belgium for longer than three months (90 days), you will have to apply for a long-stay (D) visa and residence permit based on the purpose of your stay, for example, whether you will be coming to Belgium to work, study, or join a family member, as detailed below.

Working in Belgium

Before you apply for a long-term visa to come and work in Belgium, you will first need to find a job and an employer who will obtain authorization to employ you and apply for a Work Permit on your behalf. Some highly qualified individuals can apply for a Blue Card instead. For more information on working in Belgium, see our guide to working in Belgium.

Studying in Belgium

To get a long-term Visa to come to Belgium to study in higher education or to spend a preparatory year of study ahead of this, you will first need to be able to prove that you:

  • Have a place at a recognized institution
  • Have sufficient funds to cover your living costs and study expenses,
  • A medical certificate.
  • Proof that you don't have a criminal record if you're over 21.

For more information, contact us and our expert will be right there to assist you with the best.

These are the main documents required for the visa application.

  • A valid passport/travel ID document;
  • A work permit, proof of registration at an educational institution, marriage/civil partnership or birth certificates (if applicable);
  • Proof that you can support yourself during your stay;
  • Proof of accommodation;
  • A medical certificate to prove that you don't have any disease which could endanger public health;
  • A certificate to show you don't have a criminal record.

Assessment Form
Recent Blog Updates
Blog Aspire World Immigration Consultancy Services LLP

Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Guide For Canada

Thursday, January 6, 2022 03:51 PM
Blog Aspire World Immigration Consultancy Services LLP

Top 10 Abroad Jobs That Pay Well

Friday, December 24, 2021 12:07 PM
Blog Aspire World Immigration Consultancy Services LLP

Tips For Hoteliers & Chefs to Get the Abroad Job

Monday, December 20, 2021 05:57 PM
Blog Aspire World Immigration Consultancy Services LLP

Overseas Jobs That You Can Join Without Prior Experience

Wednesday, December 15, 2021 02:47 PM
Blog Aspire World Immigration Consultancy Services LLP

Countries Offering Visa on Arrival For Indians

Friday, December 10, 2021 02:47 PM

For Any Query
aspire call icon aspire whatsapp icon