How to Apply for Singapore Tourist Visa
A visitor who intends to enter Singapore as a tourist needs to obtain Singapore tourist visa. It is a short term visa that permits a visitor to stay for a limited period of time in Singapore.
The tourist visa is meant for those visitors who wish to visit Singapore for the purpose of tourism and leisure travel. It is also applicable to those visitors who want to visit Singapore to visit friends and relatives.
It is a single entry visa. The tourist visa does not allow the visa holder to carry out any kind of business activity while in Singapore.
Categories of Visitors for Singapore Tourist Visa
Visitors who want to obtain Singapore tourist visa to visit Singapore are divided into two categories based on their citizenship or the country that issues their passport. The two categories are -
- Nationals of Assessment Level I Countries:
Visitors under this category are eligible to be issued e-Visa.
- Nationals of Assessment Level II Countries:
: Visitors under this category have to collect the paper visa sticker at Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) building or designated overseas missions if a visa application has been approved
Eligibility Criteria for Singapore Tourist Visa
To be eligible for Singapore tourist visa you will have to fulfil the following conditions:
- You must have a valid passport
- Your passport must have a validity that extends the duration of the visa you are applying for by at least 6 months
- You must have a copy of your completed visa application form (Form 14A)
- You must have a copy of the Letter of Introduction for Visa Application (Form V39A) that has been issued by your local contact in Singapore. Your contact in Singapore must be a citizen of Singapore or a permanent resident of Singapore and must be at least 21 years of age. In case you do not have a local contact, you can approach your Embassy to issue a letter of introduction to support your visa application
- In case you provide a Letter of Introduction from your local contact in Singapore, you must provide a photocopy of the local contact's Singapore Identity Card
- You must provide proof of confirmed hotel reservation, flight bookings and travel itinerary for the entire duration of your stay in Singapore
- You must provide proof of having confirmed tickets for your onward or return journey
- In case you provide proof of having tickets for onward journey, you must show evidence of having obtained entry facilities to your onward destination, e.g. visa
- You must provide proof of your financial ability so as to support yourself financially during your entire stay in Singapore and for your return transportation.
- You must be in good physical and mental health and must be free from any kind of contagious diseases
- You intend to leave Singapore at the end of your authorized stay
Steps to Follow to Apply for Singapore Tourist Visa
Before you apply for Singapore tourist visa, read the instructions to be followed for Singapore visa application and know about the processing time required for the visa to be issued.
You will have to check whether you need to apply for the visa online (e-visa) or apply for a paper visa. Once you are aware of all the details regarding the visa, you can go ahead with the following procedure:
To apply for a paper visa follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Download visa application form
You can download the Visa Application Form (Form 14A) from the internet. The visa application form is also available free of charge at all Singapore overseas missions (except for non-resident High Commissioners/Ambassadors based in Singapore).
Step 2: Fill out the visa application form
Fill the visa application form carefully and accurately. Remember to sign your application form after you finish filling up the details.
Step 3: Gather your documents
Make a check list of all the documents required for submission with your visa application. Get all the required documents, photocopies of all the documents and the visa application fee ready before you proceed further.
Step 4: Provide your photograph
Provide a recent colour passport-size photograph for your visa application form. You will have to paste it on the top right hand corner of the application form. Make sure that your photograph matches or corresponds to all the specifications required for visa photographs for Singapore tourist visa.
Step 5: Submit the visa application form
Submit your visa application form at the Singapore Embassy or Consulate or Visa Application Centre in your home country.
You can submit your application in person. In case you cannot come personally for the submission, you can send it through a travel agency or a visa agency for submission on your behalf. Collect acknowledgement receipt while submitting your visa application form.
You will be required to provide it at the time of collection of the visa.