How to Apply for China Tourist Visa
China tourist visa is meant for those people who intend to visit China for the purpose of tourism and sightseeing. It is also issued to people who want to visit friends or relatives in China. The tourist visa is generally issued for a period of 30 days only. It is usually valid for single entry.
China tourist visa is also known as China travel visa or L visa. It allows a visitor to travel freely in most parts of China as tourist.
Eligibility Criteria for China Tourist Visa
In order to be eligible for China tourist visa you will have to fulfil the following conditions:
- You must have a valid passport
- Your passport must have a validity that extends the duration of the visa you are applying for by at least 6 months
- Your passport must have at least two blank pages
- You must have a copy of your completed application form
- You must have proof of legal stay or residence status (applicable to those visitors who are not applying for the visa in their country of citizenship)
- You must provide proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings (including round-trip) and a detailed itinerary for the entire duration of your stay in China, Or,
- You must show an invitation letter issued by a relevant entity or individual in China, with the following information:
In case you are travelling to China to visit friends and relatives, you must provide proof of having a genuine ongoing relationship with the person inviting you to China
You must provide certification letter from your employer having details like name and contact number of your employer or the company for which you work and your income statement, or original copy of recent 6-month statement of your financial situation from your bank
In case this is not the first time you are applying for a Chinese tourist visa, you must provide a personal statement giving the following information â€“ reasons for revisit, the places you plan to visit this time and the places that you have visited before.
You must show your intention to leave China at the end of your authorized stay
- Information on the applicant (full name, gender, date of birth, etc.)
- Information on the planned visit (arrival and departure dates, place(s) of visit, etc.)
- Information on the inviting entity or individual (name, contact number, address, official stamp, signature of the legal representative of the entity or the inviting individual)
Steps to Follow to Apply for China Tourist Visa
Before you apply for China tourist visa, read the Instructions for Chinese Visa Application and know about the processing time required for the visa to be issued. You have to apply at a Chinese Embassy or Consulate or a Chinese diplomatic mission for the visa.
Once you are aware of all the details regarding the visa, you can go ahead with the following procedure:
Step 1: Download visa application form
You can download the Visa Application Form V.2013 from the internet.
Step 2: Fill out the visa application form
Fill the visa application form carefully and accurately on your computer. Take a print out of the filled-in application form and sign it. Remember that a print out of the application form is essential as hand written forms are not acceptable. Note that change or correction is not allowed on the printed form. So, before you take a print out of the filled-in application form look carefully to eliminate any errors.
Step 3: Gather your documents
Make a check list and gather all the documents required for submission with your visa application. Get all the required documents, photocopies of all the documents and the visa application fee ready before you proceed further.
Step 4: Provide your photograph
Provide a recent colour passport type photograph for your visa application form. Make sure that your photograph matches or corresponds to all the specifications required for visa photographs. In any case, your photograph must not be more than 6 months old.
You will need to submit one copy of your passport photograph along with your visa application form.
Step 5: Submit the visa application form
Submit your visa application form at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate or at the Chinese diplomatic mission in your home country.
You can submit your application in person. In case you cannot come personally for the submission, you can send it through a travel agency or a visa agency for submission on your behalf. Remember that applications sent by post are not accepted by most of the Chinese Embassies or Consulates.