jobs in malta

Malta - Visas & Permits

Business licenses (once in the past known as work grants) are issued by the Employment and Training Corporation (ETC). These are required with a specific end goal to work in Malta legitimately and are connected for by the business, not the occupation searcher.

EU citizens

EU residents (with the exception of Croatia), part conditions of the European Economic Area (EEA) and nationals of Switzerland don't require business licenses to work in Malta, however are prescribed to contact the EURES counsels through their gateway.

Non-EU Citizens

Non-EU nationals are required to apply for a business permit in the event that they wish to work in Malta. The permit must be connected for by the business, not the employment searcher. This implies with a specific end goal to get a permit, you should as of now have a business who needs to contract you. To confound issues further, the business must have the capacity to demonstrate that a competitor from the EU, EEA, Switzerland nor a Maltese national is fit for satisfying the opportunity.

Hot Occupation List

  • IT Professional
  • Hospitality Professional
  • Medical Professional

Eligibility Criteria

  • Must be a valid passport holder
  • Should be 18 years & above
  • Minimum Diploma/Graduate
  • Minimum 1 Year Exp
  • Good Communication Skills

Minimum Salary Wage

  • 750 Euro / Month + mandatory bonus of 270 Euro + 250 Euro cost of living + 200 Euro /Week
  • Per week hrs of work - You work for 40 hrs/week


  • Experience Letter
  • Education Certificate
  • Passport
  • ITR
  • Rest all your documentation manager shall guide you.

Registering as a job-seeker

If you have residence status in Malta but are not from a member state of the EU (Croatia is exempt), EEA or Switzerland then you must fill out a registration form (ETC 35) as a job-seeker. This does not guarantee that you will be hired nor that you will be issued with an employment license, as only the employer can issue these.

This means that for certain fields (you can check them here), employers must first open the vacancy for Maltese nationals and citizens of the European Union. Should they fail to find someone suitable for the job (after posting the vacancy ad in appropriate portals for an adequate amount of time), then they can extend their search to foreign employees and apply for an employment license on behalf of the candidate.

Documentation required to register

Once you have filled out the ETC 35 form you must take it to Valletta Access / Victoria Job Center, Gozo where you will be asked to provide the following documents:

  • ID Card
  • NI number
  • The registration form (ETC 35)
  • Your curriculum vitae or resume if available
  • Any certificates you may have
  • How to apply for an employment license

    For a third country national, the employer must fill out an application form and submit it through mail or by hand to the Employment License Unit.

    Documentation required:

    • Application form
    • Curriculum vitae
    • Position description
    • References / testimonials
    • One passport photo
    • Copy of travel document
    • Copy of valid visa
    • Copy of qualification certificates and accreditation / recognition
    • Cover letter by employer indicating the site of work
    • Paid fee

    Note: Evidence through a detailed vacancy report that shows that EEA / Swiss / Maltese nationals were initially sought to fill the position

    Other documentation might be required, you can be in touch with our experts to ask any query.


Click to get entry Assesment
Aspire World Immigration Services Visa For