Step by step instructions to apply for a work allow in Malaysia
Work allows in Malaysia are normally gotten by the business. In the event that you possess an organization and need to enlist an outside national, be set up for a long and debilitating procedure.
Representatives and their families coming to Malaysia, who have not acquired work allows before entry, are permitted to enter the nation on social passes and to get the work allow thereafter. As Malaysia forces stringent laws for illicit specialists, it is exceedingly prescribed not to begin working before the working grant is issued.
Dependents of work permit holders have to apply for own working permits if they wish to work in Malaysia.
Requirements for work permits
Keeping in mind the end goal to acquire a work allow, the visa ought to have a residual legitimacy of no less than year and a half. The outside national coming to Malaysia to work must be 27 years or more (special case in IT part, where required least age is 23). The work grants are generally issued for periods between 6 months and 5 years.
As for employers, any information regarding the visa process, requirements or the necessary forms, can be viewed on the official website of the Malaysian Immigration Department.
Hot Occupation List
- Hospitality Professional
- Medical Professional
- Engineer Professional
- Must be a valid passport holder
- No Criminal Offence
- Should be 18 years & above
- Minimum 10 + Diploma (Minimum)
- Minimum 1 year Exp
- Good Communication Skills
Minimum Salary Wage
- 2000 RM / Month
- Per week hrs of work - You work for 48 hrs/week
- Experience Letter
- Education Certificate
- Rest all your documentation manager shall guide you.
Phase 1 (Pre Arrival)
- Employers must first get the PASS Immigration Security Clearance (ISC) result at the ISC center in the source countries.
- Employers must first apply to the Immigration Department for a Visa with Reference (VDR) approval before employing foreign workers.
- Application forms for VDR can be submitted either at the Immigration counters or online via e-Services system.
- VDR application must follow this checklist
- VDR application form
- Approval letter from Ministry of Home Affairs (Quota approval)
- Original receipt of payment for levy
- IM.12 and IM.38 Forms
- Security bond - deposits / insurance guarantee / bank guarantee (insurance guarantee must be stamped and valid for at least 18 months )
- Copy of the foreign workers’ passports
- Latest photo of the foreign workers (passports size)
- Medical certificates from the medical center in origin countries (valid for 3 month from the date of issuance)
- Foreign Worker Compensation Scheme (insurance)
- Insurance policy of Health Insurance Protection Scheme Foreign Workers (SPIKPA) - Except for Plantation Sector
- Foreign workers must remain in their respective countries while pending VDR approval from Malaysia Immigration Department.
Note: For Sabah and Sarawak, the approval for foreign worker’s employment is governed by the State Government accordingly.
Phase 2 (Post Arrival)
- Foreign workers will only be allowed to enter the country at the authorized entry points using the VDR issued by the Immigration Department and entry visa issued by the Malaysian Attachés Office in the country of origin.
- Employers must ensure that the clearance process of foreign workers at the entry points is done within 24 hours from the arrival time.
- The issuance of Visit Pass (Temporary Employment) [VP(TE)] to the foreign workers will only be done after they have passed the FOMEMA medical examination within 30 days which can be done at any medical centers registered with FOMEMA.
- VP (TE) will be issued once the foreign worker is certified fit by clinic/ medical center registered with FOMEMA. Failing which, the foreign worker will not be allowed to stay and work in this country. Employers are required to apply for Check Out Memo for the repatriation of the foreign worker.
- Issuance of VP (TE) shall be made at the Immigration Office, which issued the VDR approval letter.