jobs in chile

In the event that you have work offer in Chile

In the event that you have a business contract, you can apply for a work visa, which is connected to your occupation. This is the second most normal sort of transitory residency visa issued for Chile.

For foreigners who have been hired to work in Chile, the work visa, “Visa Sujeto a Contrato” is valid for two years. There is also the dependent work visa which covers the visa holder’s family (spouse/children), though it does not allow them to work while in Chile.

This visa is a legal requirement for you to be able to work in Chile and must be sponsored by a company. If a company tells you don't need a work visa they are breaking the law, if you are caught you could face deportation. This is a common problem among English schools who don’t handle their employees' visas correctly.


The work visa can be applied for in a Chilean embassy in your country, or from the Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Santiago. You will be required to pay a processing fee (the amount depends on your nationality) and the following documents:

  • A letter from your employer to the consul, justifying your hiring
  • A work contract (notarized and translated if applicable)
  • A degree certificate (if applicable)
  • A police report
  • A medical certificate
  • A valid passport
  • 4 passport-sized photographs
  • Filled in application form

The hiring company must meet the following requirements:

  • Be incorporated in Chile
  • Have a legal Chilean address
  • Be able to prove activity performed by the applicant is essential for the development of Chile.

The work contract offered to the visa applicant must include the following clauses:

  • It is the obligation of the employer to ensure income tax is paid on the salary.
  • The employer is obligated to pay for return travel tickets for the employee and any family members.
  • The employer is responsible for ensuring payments to the pension and health system in Chile or abroad.

This visa is generally tied to your company or job. You are responsible for notifying the authorities if your job changes or you are no longer working at the same company. If you have entered Chile on a temporary residency permit, you can apply for the work visa from within the country should you find permanent work.


Click to get entry Assesment
Aspire World Immigration Services Visa For