1. Swiss Residence Program: Under this program one must pay CHF 200,000 as lump sum tax
to the swiss canton where you live. Depending on the canton this amount could go from CHF 400,000 to CHF 600,000 per years. You cannot work under this program
2. Swiss Business Investor Program: Non EU nationals must form a new swiss company or invest
in an existing swiss company, provided the turnover no less than CHF 1 million
Visa Type: Swiss C visa or D visa or Residence permit
Residency Requirements: No requirements but if you want PR/Citizenship, you must take up residency
Permanent Residency: After 10 years of living
Swiss Citizenship: After 12 years of uninterrupted living by naturalisation
Dual Citizenship: Allowed
Swiss VAT: 8%
Swiss Taxes: In Switzerland the taxes are levied at
1. Federal level– by the Federal Constitution.
2. Cantonal level – by the canton.
3. Municipal level – by the commune, ie. the town you live in.
4. Church – tax by members of one of the three national churches (Roman and Christian Catholic,
as well as Protestant) in swiss cantons