UK Tourist Visa
Standard Visitor Visas are usually granted for a period of 6 months. If you a frequent visitor to the United Kingdom you can apply for a multiple-entry visitor visa that is valid for 2, 5 or 10 years.
Applicants do not need to have friends or family in the UK in order to visit the country. A Standard Visitor visa for tourism purposes allows applicants to travel to the UK for leisure, for business or for another reason such as to visit family and friends, take part in sports and creative events, receive private medical treatment or purely to visit the country for up to six (6) months. The UK is extremely diverse in its landscape and people and has a wealth of culture, history and scenic beauty that can be discovered and explored.
All applicants in this category must show to the UK Immigration Authorities that they can financially maintain and accommodate themselves in the UK without recourse to public funding or working. They can show however that they have assistance from family member(s) living in the UK.
To qualify under a Standard Visitor visa for tourism purposes, there are basic requirements which must be met. In addition, applicant must meet various other conditions based on the purpose of the visit to the UK. Applicants must only visit the UK for a maximum of six (6) months at a time, show that they will be able to financially support themselves, and meet the cost of their onward journey. They must not take up any paid or unpaid employment in the UK.
- Original Passport valid for at least 6 months issued within the last 10 years with at least two blank pages. Old Passports, if any.
- Online Visa application form duly completed and signed. Minor's form to be signed by both the parents.
- 2 (TWO) Recent Color Photographs (not older than 3 (months). Size 35mm X 45mm, 80% Face, White Background.
- Original covering letter from the applicant stating the applicant's name, professional status, passport details, purpose and duration of visit. For self-employed, the covering letter on business letterhead.
- Proof of Financial Documents
- Income Tax Returns for last 3 years.
- Original Updated Bank Statement for last 6 months with bank seal and signature.
- Supporting Financial Documents such as Fixed Deposits, Property Investments, Other Investments etc.
- If Employed:
- Original Leave Sanction certificate from the company.
- Salary Slips for the last 3 months.
- If Self-Employed
- Registration Certificate of business / Certificate of Incorporation / Partnership Deed.
- Company Income Tax Returns of last 3 years.
- Company Bank Statement of last 6 months.
- If Sponsored
- Sponsorship letter.
- Financial documents with passport copy of sponsor.
- If Retired
- Pension statements for the last three months. (Proof of regular Income generated by ownership of property or business or investments)
- If Minor
- Minors, if traveling with none of the parents, Original notarized NOC required from both parents in the form of an affidavit on a stamp paper and a copy of their government photo ID.
- Minors, if traveling with one parent, Original notarized NOC is required from the other parent in the form of an affidavit on a stamp paper and a copy of their government photo ID.
- If Student
- Bonafide certificate or School/ College ID card copy.
- If visiting Family/Friends
- Invitation letter.
- Passport and visa copy of the inviter or Residence permit copy.
Note: The UK High Commission reserves the right to ask for additional supporting documents or Personal appearance for an interview in special cases.
- Two recent (not older than 3 months) passport-size photographs in color with white background and 80% face coverage.